Bring Your Own Device
Your device must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Operating System - Windows 10 64-bit Professional for compatibility with St. Augustine wireless network, software and services. Chromebooks and iPads are not device options.
• Battery life - 5-hour minimum with 8+ hours. Batteries cannot be charged on campus for safety considerations.
• Screen Size - A minimum of a 12-inch screen is required.
• Keyboard/Mouse - An attachable keyboard is required. Students will write papers in most classes. Most laptops come with an integrated trackpad but an external mouse (wired or wireless) may also be purchased if desired.
• Memory - 8GB is the minimum recommendation with 8GB RAM/12GB SSD required.
• Processor - Equivalent to Intel i3, i5 or i7. Intel and AMD are the top two processor manufacturers. The price difference between i3 and i5 is usually minimal.
• Hard Drive/Storage - A minimum of 128GB SSD (Solid-State Drive).
• Wireless Network Adapter- 802.11ac is required
• Software - The device must run licensed versions of all software, particularly the operating system and anti-virus software. Student devices must have anti-virus software that has real protection enabled on the laptop prior to coming on campus. Some possible options include Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes Antivirus, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec and Norton, TrendMicro.
• Warranty - Consider purchasing extra/extended warranty for accidental damage protection or to reduce further repair costs. It is important to know if the warranty work will be performed locally or require the device to be shipped away to get repaired.
• Insurance - You will need to check with your insurance company to determine the available options.
St. Augustine High School has entered into an agreement with technology partner Microsoft. By strategically applying technology within the school environment, students are provided with more opportunities to succeed. As part of the agreement, parents have to opportunity to purchase the Microsoft Surface using the St. Augustine discounted rate. Click the link below for pricing.
Special Note from Microsoft
Covid-19 has greatly affected the local Microsoft store's ability to service St. Augustine's parents in the physical store location. However, St. Augustine pricing is available through the Microsoft business ordering portal for the Surface Pro 7 - i5/8gb/256gb model and the Surface Laptop 3 15’’ - i5/8gb/256gb model.
- At this time, pricing is ONLY available for those 2 models and specifications.
- Any other models would be at a higher price point and we do not have the ability to adjust pricing.
- Payment can only be done through this site with a credit/debit card.
- Warranty and accessory options are at the bottom of the page.
- Pricing ONLY valid until June 30, 2020.
- Visit the Microsoft Portal to purchase: https://ms.liftforward.com/en-us/smb-store-0068