We encourage you to take a look at our current job openings and follow the directions in each posting to apply.
St. Augustine High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, educational, athletic, or employment policies.
The Controller is a member of the Administrative Staff and shall be selected by the President and the Principal after consultation with the Director of Finance. The Controller works under the direct supervision of, and in conjunction with, the Director of Finance. The duties of the Controller are:
- Input and code for ledger, all vendor invoices for payment, checking the accuracy of invoice. Maintain vendor files. Ensure that all necessary vendors have a completed W-9 on file
- Process checks for payment of invoices once vendors on aged payables report are approved
- Input all cash receipts (deposits) into ledger. Maintain a Cash Receipts Binder for the Fiscal Year. Travel to bank to make the deposit, upon return attach receipt to check copy(ies)
- Review all bank statements, savings and CD’s for accuracy on a monthly basis
- Prepare bank reconciliation on all School’s cash accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain personnel payroll file. This file should contain a W-4, L-4, I-9, plan deductions, health insurance, and any documentation that relates to payroll
- Review any timesheets, post any changes, and submit payroll on a semimonthly basis. Once packet is received check for accuracy and post to accounting software
- Assist in the collection of payments made at the Finance Office window
- Assist in the collection and reconciliation of cash receipts from all school related activities
- Open and sort all Finance office mail
- Provided assistance to auditors in seeking necessary confirmations and other information from third parties and assist with the necessary schedules so that the auditor can complete his or her work and audit report in a timely manner
- Additional requirements as specified by management.
In addition to these duties, the Controller must possess proficiency in computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other relevant software. The Controller must be completely cognizant of all policies and procedures governing the Financial Policy of St. Augustine High School as articulated in the St. Augustine Handbook.
Student Accounts Manager
The Student Accounts Manager Tuition is a member of the Administrative Staff and shall be appointed by the President and the Principal after consultation with the Director of Finance. The Student Accounts Manager works under the direct supervision of, and in conjunction with, the Director of Finance. The duties of the Student Account Manager are:
- Maintenance of accurate student records regarding tuition and fees, including: Registration Fees, Bank Loans, Full Tuition Payments, Scholarships, etc
- Collection and accurate daily recording of all payments made at the Finance Office window
- Receive and reconcile proceeds collected from all school related activities
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Weekly monitoring of bank loans via the Internet
- Coordinate with the Tuition Banking Staff to resolve any accounting discrepancies
- Assist with the Management students removed from class due to a delinquent account
- Open and sort all Finance office mail
- Coordinate with Technology Coordinator in the completion of all E-Rate Rebate Forms
- Provide assistance to auditors including, but not limited to copying invoices, statements, deposits, etc.
- Additional requirements as specified by management
In addition to these duties, the Student Accounts Manager must possess proficiency in computer skills, including knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and other relevant software. The Student Accounts Manager must be completely cognizant of all policies and procedures governing Tuition Bank Loans, and E-Rate for Schools, and the Financial Policy of St. Augustine High School as articulated in the St. Augustine Handbook.
Don't see the job you are looking for?
We are always eager to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send your CV and cover letter to:
St. Augustine High School
Attn: Human Resources
2600 A. P. Tureaud Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70119