All students are issued an iPad in August and are responsible for the proper care and use of the device. The device enhances our students' learning, overall educational experience and prepares them for college and beyond.
Some of the core objectives of this program are to:
- replace textbooks and other printed materials
- provide an organized note-taking platform
- provide an online research tool
- provide a platform to facilitate individual and group work
- provide access to a learning management system for managing homework, class assignments, quizzes, and tests
- provide a platform for video or audio copies of lectures
- provide a platform to access library and academic resources in order to build digital literacy skills in students
St. Augustine also integrates the iPad into our music, technology, and media programs, as well as our many extracurricular programs. Not only is the iPad a formidable tool in advancing learning, but it also makes the classroom experience more dynamic and engaging for our students.
St. Augustine remains committed to providing its students with the best education possible, equipping them with the knowledge and tools they will need both now and in the future.
The iPads remain the property of St. Augustine High School.