Planned giving offers many benefits to you while also allowing you to support St. Augustine High School’s values and academic excellence.
Planned Gifts are created through various financial instruments customized for your specific intentions and financial needs. With the guidance of a St. Augustine High School representative and consultation of your attorney and financial planner, you can identify the planned giving strategies that best suit your needs. Your planned gift to St. Augustine High School can be funded with cash, retirement assets, life insurance, securities, tangible personal property, and real estate while providing you and your estate with income and tax advantages, including:
- Tax savings for the charitable gift value
- Avoiding capital gains taxes on certain securities, retirement accounts and real estate
- Lifetime income for you or your beneficiaries
- Increased income from low-yield assets
- Reduced or eliminated estate taxes
A Planned Gift Option is Possible for Everyone
Regardless of your income level, you can make a significant contribution to St. Augustine High School by planning a donation through your:
- Will or Bequest
- Direct beneficiary designation of your 401K, 403B or other estate retirement plan
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) as a planned gift or during the lifetime of some donors.
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Lead Trust
- Gift of Real Estate or personal property
Directing Your Gift
After consulting with St. Augustine High School’s Advancement Office to confirm that the school can accommodate your intent, you can direct how the funds from your planned gift will be used by St. Aug. Your gift can be used to support the programs at the school that are most important to you.
Purple Knights Society: Special Recognition for Special People
When you inform us of your planned gift intent, you become a member of the Purple Knights Society. This planned giving society recognizes you among those who have a special commitment to St. Aug’s mission of providing excellent academics in a community of Catholic values.
In recognition of St. Augustine High School’s deep appreciation, Purple Knights Society members receive:
- A commemorative Planned Giving Certificate of Membership enclosed in the official St. Augustine High School diploma cover
- Recognition on our Honor Wall of Donors, to be located in the academics building
- Special updates and communication from the school, and invitations to St. Aug’s events.
If you would like to know more about making a planned gift to benefit St. Augustine High School, please contact:
Kenneth St. Charles, President and CEO
St. Augustine High School
2600 A.P. Tureaud Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119
Phone: (504) 940-5980 | Fax: (504) 940-5034