Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation at St. Augustine High School – School Cancelled for the Day
NEW ORLEANS, LA. Wednesday, November 18, 2015. — St. Augustine High School was evacuated this morning after a gas leak was detected near the band rehearsal hall. All students and staff were forced to leave the building.
There are no injuries.
Entergy is on the scene, along with the New Orleans Fire Department and the New Orleans Police Department. Parents have been alerted via the school’s emergency text messaging system.
Students and staff were instructed to move to the back of the school’s yard as a safety precaution as parents arrived to pick up their children.
More information will be released as soon as it becomes available.